Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Days Are Getting Harder

Day 25 and it's my turn to get rid of 7 things. So far I sit here with a pair of high heels and a star shaped muffin pan. I wonder aimlessly around the house looking at ALL this stuff yet I struggle with finding just 5 more things to get rid of. How can it be so difficult to get rid of some of this stuff. I don't dare touch my beloved Nicholas Sparks books or go down into that basement where my scrapbooking stuff is and take something out of there. You know I might need it someday... someday when I actually decide to get back into, if that day ever comes. What about some more clothes? Guh, didn't I rid of enough already!!! I could probably get rid of another pair or two of high heels....BUT I might need those one day too, cause you know I wear them so often as it now *sarcasm*.

I am lost and completely frustrated that I am struggling to get rid of just 7 things. It shouldn't be this hard. I want a more organized life, this is a good thing. But there goes that voice telling me you need to have that stuff, and you know what else, you should have more. Society is telling me that more I have the happier I'll be, but I really know that is less is more.

Well I'm off to complete this mission today and see what I come up with. But I shall remember this, maybe hang it on the fridge for a good reminder today.

Do not store up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destry, and where theives break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where theives do no break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
                                                                                                  Matthew 6:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment