Saturday, March 23, 2013

You Can't Just Wait!

Better to love God and die unknown than to love the world and be a hero; better to be content with poverty than to die a slave to wealth; better to have taken some risks and lost than to have done nothing and succeeded at it. -erwin lutzer

Please note the above quote is exactly how I feel. You either like it or you don't, but when it comes to mine and my families life, your opinion really doesn't count. That is my rant and now I will move on.

I would like to really talk about the last part of what Erwin Lutzer says "Better to have taken some risks and lost then to have done nothing and succeeded at it."
As the days go on the more that sentence makes sense to me. I'm at the point in my life where waiting is no longer an option!!! Why are we waiting for the world to fix itself? If we don't get out of our comfortable lil seats (oh yes you) and start making change, then change is never going to happen.

Failure you may say. Meh. Atleast you failed trying. Atleast you can say you took the risk, it's probably more than most people can say.

Maybe you don't know where to start. Well everyone had to start somewhere, it doesnt mean they knew where they were starting either, but God led the way. It's okay to follow someone else's lead. It's okay to partner with someone else. You never know where you might be led to.

You may think the problem is too big so why bother. How about instead of looking at the big problem we start with a small problem and go from there.

I could sit here all night and give you a list of things that can changed. While in Haiti, I saw many opportunities for change. In our own communities I see opportunities for change.  I see opportunities for HOPE!

I know there are people all over the world who are local and international that could give you opportunities.

We can't just wait anymore. Waiting can take a long time, and no one knows for sure how much time we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment