Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."                                                                                     
                                                                               1 Thessalonians 5:18

The last few weeks have been a very personal struggle for me. I recently started a book study called the The Global Orphan Crisis, and it has sparks many emotions for me that it is a bit overwhelming and I must really learn to spend more and more time with the Lord and less time with the things that are making me feel angry.

At the beginning of the year I also read about how people were picking one word that will describe their year and I thought what a great idea, so I thought what will my word be... I thought about this for days waiting for the right word to come and at our first book study session the word came to me.

Grace.
Grace.
Grace.

Literally there are days I will walk around after seeing,hearing or reading something and repeat grace to myself. I was warned before the end of our session that we may have feelings towards people that frustrate us. Well let me tell you,EVERYDAY I ask myself and the Lord so many questions.

Here are a few of the questions that I have been asking the Lord:

From what I hear and read caring for the orphans and the poor is the most talked about thing in the Bible. So Lord why are we as Christians and churches not doing what was clearly so important to you?

Lord, why can't we as people stop thinking about our own problems that really aren't that big of an issue and start thinking of the big issues in the world? Clearly I am just as guilty to this as I am sitting here venting.

Lord, will we ever be happy with what we have? Apparently living where you live with a roof over your head just isn't good enough.

Lord, does this person really belong in my life and is this place you want me to be?

Apparently even just rereading this, it's time for me to really limit my time with social media and clear my head and have some real time with the Lord. He is the only one that can help me, I need his help so desperately so I can help others.

Lord, as I sit here, I pray that you can fill me with your love, so I can share your love with others. Lord you are my leader and I am here to follow you, even if may be in places that make me uncomfortable. You are my protector and my saviour. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment