Saturday, November 24, 2012

Burdens...

I woke up this morning and as soon as I opened my eyes I knew it was going to be a rough day and I had a choice to make, I could allow myself to have a rough day or I could be thankful for the day given to me, it was another fresh start that God allowed me to have. Well I chose to go with the rough day and as I sit here almost time for bed, I realize that it was the wasn't the best choice.

The kids were wild all day, the just seemed louder today than any other day. But were they really?
Their ears didn't want to seem to listen, but was I demanding too much today?
My dog was bugging the crap outta me, or did he just want some love?
Was it really the surroundings that were making me miserable or was it me making it seem that way?

Today I awoke with some burdens that I have just been letting simmer inside of me, and today I also received a message from a friend who wanted to let me know that she was praying for me and my family. At first I couldn't understand why God would ask her to pray for me. But as the day went on I realized how much I need those prayers.

My life how become so incredibly overwhelming. But in some ways it's overwhelmed with excitement, other ways it's overwhelmed with sadness and the other part is frustration. I think to myself how can I overcome some of these feelings? As fast as I thought it, the answer can right to me.

Am I spending enough time with the Lord? Am I using my time wisely or foolishly? Am I talking to the Lord and praying for all these feelings I am having?  I guess if I have to ask these questions, I already know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment