Monday, April 9, 2012

Here we go...

Jesus may there be less of me and my junk and more of you and your kingdom- Jen Hatmaker

Well tomorrow I start my journey and let me tell you it's all I have thought about since deciding to do it. I thought about when I should actually start this journey, so many events happening did I really want to miss out on all this yummy food I am about to encounter. I mean come on, two of my children have a birthday in the next thirty days and my friends apparently love having spring babies too and we all know what happens when you put my girlfriends and I together. WE EAT!!!. But maybe missing out on all birthday cake won't be such a horrible thing for my body.

So here's the deal for my first month. I am too eat only seven foods for thirty days, I cannot put any sort of spice on them(maybe a tad of pepper and a little oil for cooking), just some plain food, and drink only water. So here's my list:
Chicken (Yes, after 8 months of not eating meat I'm going to go back to it. I have to admit I'm a little nervous as to how my body will react to it)
Sweet potatoes
Spinach
Eggs
Whole Wheat Bread
Apples
Carrots

My list is basically what Jen has in her book minus the avocado's since I have never tried them and now is not the time to be trying new foods.

I also decided that for three out of the four weeks I will eat staple foods for three days from three countries that have some meaning to me. I have chosen India since that is where my sponsored child is from, Mexico as that is where Chris's sponsored child is located and Haiti as I will be heading there next March for a Missions Trip.

Oh and I should let you all know who my first council member is... her name is Tannis. Though she won't see me often in the next thirty days I know she has connections and can find out what I've been up to ;) No seriously though, I hope she is ready for ridiculous text messages as I drool over food that I watch other people eat. But I know she will give me the encouragment I need to do this :)
Well that's all for now... tomorrow the journey starts. I'm off to finish the bag of chips I started earlier.

1 comment: